What Are the Top Washington DC Public Elementary Schools?
Living in Washington DC means that your children can have access to great neighborhoods and a vibrant population that is sure to teach them valuable life lessons. Did you know that Washington DC can also give you access to great public elementary schools? There are over 80 public elementary schools that are scattered throughout Washington DC. The majority of these schools offer great K-5 educations, however there are a select few that offer truly outstanding educational opportunities for young students.
To better help you understand why the following schools have been ranked the best Washington DC public elementary schools, we have given them a report card based on the average scores received on the 2012 District of Columbia Comprehensive Assessment System (DC-CAS) standardized tests.
- Grade 3 students 90% Math, 89% Reading
- Grade 4 students 93% Math, 83% Reading
- Grade 5 students 84% Math, 83% Reading, 87% Science
Students at Stoddert Elementary School also have access to art, computer, and physical education classes. Teachers provide one-on-one attention to students and class sizes remain consistently small.
- Grade 3 students 76% Math, 80% Reading
- Grade 4 students 94% Math, 90% Reading
- Grade 5 students 81% Math, 80% Reading, 81% Science
Eaton Elementary School offers children a well-rounded education in a safe and learning-driven environment. Children are nurtured and encouraged to enjoy learning.
- Grade 3 students 94% Math, 93% Reading
- Grade 4 students 91% Math, 92% Reading
- Grade 5 students 93% Math, 97% Reading, 85% Science
Janney Elementary School offers a safe learning environment with a multitude of after-school activities. Children are encouraged to join different clubs, sports teams, and to participate in school-sponsored “green initiatives.”