Upcoming Events in Washington DC
As the summer winds down, there are a number of fall activities and festivals in the D.C. area that offer something for all tastes and budgets. Here's a list of upcoming events to flag for your calendar:
Nation's Football Classic - September 7th
Howard University and Morehouse College will square off in this annual event to help celebrate college football and African American culture throughout the area. Other events associated with the game festivities start the Thursday before and continue through Sunday.
- Rosslyn Jazz Festival - September 7th from 1pm to 7pm
- Silver Spring Jazz Festival - September 7th from 4:30pm to 10:30pm
Alexandria King Street Art Festival - September 7th and 8th
King Street in Alexandria transforms into a massive outdoor art gallery featuring award-winning national artists on display.
Virginia Wine Festival - September 14th and 15th
Featuring over 60 Virginia wineries, sumptuous food, crafts, seminars, live music and more, this is one of the premier events in Centreville, Virginia.
Film and Ethnic Festivals
- The DC Shorts Film Festival - September 19th to 29th
- Korean Festival - September 20th to 22nd
- H Street Festival - September 21st from Noon until 6pm
- Southwest DC Arts Festival - September 28th
- Fiesta Musical at the National Zoo - September 29th from 11am to 5pm
- Turkish Festival - September 29th from 11am to 7pm at Freedom Plaza
Capital Home Show - September 20th to 22nd
Held at the Dulles Expo Center, this home show features experts as well as the latest in home improvement design.
DC Fashion Week - September 23rd to 29th
In addition to these events, check your local neighborhood Web sites for the many community fairs and pumpkin festivals that are mainstay of the late September calendar.
Post a Comment