The Holiday Shopping Season is Right Around the Corner
With the holiday season rapidly approaching, it's time to prioritize your shopping list and come up with a plan of action. While you can always go online to shop, here are the top brick and mortar choices throughout the city for this year's season.
Black Friday Shopping
Plan to get up early and stand in line, but you can also expect some of the best deals of the year on Black Friday. Many retailers open early and reward shoppers with unmatched deals the day after Thanksgiving. The Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Arundel Mills Mall and Best Buy all open at midnight on Thanksgiving, while other retailers open earlier on Thanksgiving evening:
Opening at 8pm
- Toys R Us
- JC Penny
- Potomac Mills Mall
Souvenirs and Gifts
The right souvenir and tickets to a sought-after event can make an ideal gift for even the most discerning person on your gift. Here are a few ideas:
- Sightseeing tour tickets
- Museum tickets and gift items
- Washington sport apparel
- Patriotic gifts
- Panda gifts
- White House gifts
Other Shopping Options
In addition to the many retail options, DC plays host to a variety of festivals, markets and craft shows that are both good sources of unique gifts as well as providing a respite from the frenzy of the mall. Here are some of the top choices:
- Downtown DC Holiday Market - November 29th to December 23rd on F Street from Noon to 8pm.
- Swedish Christmas Bazaar - December 7th from 11am to 5pm at the House of Sweden.
- Northern Virginia Christmas Market - November 8th to 10th at the Dulles Expo Center.
- Fairfax Holiday Craft Show - November 16th and 17th at the Fairfax High school starting at 10am both days.
- Tysons Corner Center Holiday Market - December 13th to 15th at the Tysons Corner Center.