August Events at the Carter Barron Amphitheatre
The Carter Barron Amphitheatre is a large outdoor concert venue capable of seating 3,700 guests. Located in Rock Creek Park, near the Cleveland Park, Crestwood, and Forest Hills neighborhoods, the Amphitheatre opened in 1950. Today, the venue offers a summer concert series that includes blues, jazz, hip-hop, poetry, and reggae performances. The Amphitheatre is also popular for dance and theater events.
Performances are free and you won't need a ticket to enjoy a concert, movie screening or any other event at the Amphitheatre. Located at 16th and Colorado Avenue, the Carter Barron Amphitheatre is part of Rock Creek Park. Free parking is available and guests can also Metro to the Amphitheatre by taking the train to the Silver Springs or Columbia Heights stations. You will need to transfer to the S2 or S4 Metrobus.
August 2013 Schedule of Events
With many great events happening before the kids go back to school, you still have the opportunity to enjoy the theater's numerous musical attractions. Upcoming events in August include:
- Reggae Night - August 9th at 7:30pm
- Movie Night - August 23rd, starting at Dusk (About 8:15pm). The movie is The Avengers (PG-13) and gates open at 7pm.
- Movie Night - August 24th, starting at Dusk (About 8:15pm). The movie is OZ The Great and Powerful (PG) and gates open at 7pm.
- 25th Annual DC Blues Festival - August 31st Starting at 12pm.
The biggest event happens at the end of the month with the DC Blues Festival. Families can enjoy blues music from legendary artists including:
- Austin Walker
- The DC Blues Society Band
- The UnXpected Band
- Fast Eddie & The Slowpokes
- Albert Castiglia
Come with your family, bring friends or just come by yourself and make new friends. All the August events are suitable for all ages.